Zayn Malik (singer)
J. B. Priestley (writer)
David Hockney (painter)
Judi Dench (actress)
Kabir Bedi (actor)
Sir Titus Salt (industrialist)
Ajaz Ahmed (entrepreneur)
Brian Blessed (actor)
Kiki Dee, (Singer)
1.Zayn Malik is a British singer and songwriter. He was a former member of the popular boy band One Direction, which he left in 2015. He has since released several successful solo albums, including "Mind of Mine" (2016) and "Icarus Falls" (2018). Malik is known for his soulful R&B voice and his eclectic musical style that draws on a variety of influences including pop, hip-hop, and R&B. He has received several awards and nominations for his work, including the American Music Award for New Artist of the Year in 2016.
2. J.B. Priestley was a British novelist, playwright and essayist. He was born in 1894 and died in 1984. He was known for his plays and novels that explored the social and psychological complexities of the middle and upper classes in England, often with a subtle blend of the fantastical and the everyday. His most famous works include the plays "An Inspector Calls" (1945) and "Time and the Conways" (1937), and the novel "The Good Companions" (1929). Priestley's writing often reflects his fascination with time and the way in which people's lives intersect and overlap, as well as his interest in the supernatural and the paranormal. He is considered one of the major literary figures of the 20th century, and his works remain popular and widely performed to this day.
3. David Hockney is an English painter, draughtsman, printmaker, stage designer, and photographer, considered one of the most influential British artists of the 20th century. He is best known for his paintings of California landscapes and his innovative use of perspective in his works. He has worked in a variety of media, including oils, acrylics, watercolors, and digital tools. Hockney is associated with the Pop Art movement and was part of a group of artists who challenged traditional art forms. He has had numerous solo exhibitions and his works can be found in major museums and private collections around the world.
4. Judi Dench is an English actress. She is considered one of the greatest actresses of her generation and has had a successful career in both stage and screen. Dench began her career as a stage actress, performing with the Royal Shakespeare Company, and later went on to star in numerous productions in London's West End. She has also appeared in many films, including "Shakespeare in Love," "Chocolat," and the James Bond franchise, where she played the role of M. Dench has won numerous awards for her performances, including an Academy Award, several BAFTA Awards, and multiple Tony Awards. She is known for her versatile acting ability, captivating stage presence, and powerful performances in both dramatic and comedic roles.
5. Kabir Bedi is an Indian film and television actor. He is best known for his roles in international films such as "Octopussy" and "Sandokan," and for his television work, including the role of Emperor Shah Jahan in the TV series "The Sword of Tipu Sultan." Bedi has worked in numerous languages, including Hindi, Italian, and English, and has acted in over 70 films in a career spanning several decades. He is also a trained stage actor and has performed in numerous productions in India and abroad. Bedi has received several awards and recognition for his contributions to Indian cinema and is considered one of the most versatile actors of his generation.
6. Sir Titus Salt was an English industrialist and philanthropist, best known for founding the town of Saltaire, near Bradford in Yorkshire. He was a leading textile manufacturer of his time and his company, Titus Salt & Sons, was one of the largest and most successful textile mills in Britain. Salt was known for his innovative methods of production and his commitment to improving the lives of his workers. He built the model town of Saltaire, which provided housing, schools, and cultural facilities for his workers and was considered a model of urban planning in the 19th century. Salt was also a philanthropist and gave generously to various charitable causes, including education and medical care. He was knighted in 1869 for his contributions to industry and society, and is remembered as a pioneer in the field of industrialization and urban planning.
7. Ajaz Ahmed is a British entrepreneur and business consultant, best known for co-founding the digital marketing agency AKQA. He was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, and started his career as a computer programmer. He co-founded AKQA in 1995, and under his leadership, the company became one of the leading digital marketing agencies in the world, working with top brands such as Nike, Coca-Cola, and Xbox. Ahmed is known for his innovative approach to marketing and technology and has been recognized for his contributions to the industry, including being named one of the "50 most influential people in advertising" by Campaign magazine. He is also a frequent speaker and commentator on marketing and technology, and has written several articles and books on the subject. Ahmed is considered a leading expert in the field of digital marketing and is highly respected in the business community.
8. Brian Blessed is an English actor, known for his distinctive deep voice and boisterous personality. He has acted in a wide range of genres including film, television, stage, and radio and is considered one of the most versatile actors of his generation. Some of his notable film roles include "Flash Gordon," "The Monkey King," and "Blackadder." Blessed has also had a successful career in television, appearing in shows such as "I, Claudius" and "Z Cars." He has received recognition for his stage performances, including an Olivier Award for his role in "King Lear." In addition to acting, Blessed is also an accomplished writer and adventurer, having climbed Mount Everest and completed several polar expeditions. Overall, he is a well-known figure in British popular culture, known for his unique voice and larger-than-life personality.
9. Pauline Matthews (born 6 March 1947), better known by her stage name Kiki Dee, is an English singer, best known for her 1976 hit song "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" which she recorded with Elton John. She started her career in the 1960s as a backing singer for various artists, including Dusty Springfield, before launching her solo career in the early 1970s. Over the course of her career, Dee has released numerous albums, including the hit albums "I've Got the Music in Me" and "Perfect Timing." She is known for her powerful, soulful voice and her ability to sing a wide range of musical styles, from pop to soul to rock. Dee has collaborated with many famous musicians throughout her career, including Elton John, Carmelo Luggeri, and Eric Clapton. She continues to perform and tour and is regarded as one of the most talented and versatile singers of her generation.